Plantronics (NYSE: PLT), an audio pioneer and communications technology leader, today announced the Blackwire 5200 Series and Blackwire 3200 Series. With sleek, updated designs, professional-grade audio, and a range of product choices at varying price points, the new Blackwire headsets connect to laptops, PCs and smartphones for seamless communication.
‘The Blackwire family has consistently delivered for our customers and remains one of our top-selling product lines,’ said Gavin Sear, Manager, Global Product Marketing at Plantronics. ‘The Blackwire 5200 Series and Blackwire 3200 Series step up the line’s adaptability for the next generation of in-office professionals by enabling them to easily connect to all their devices while enjoying all-day comfort and a high-quality audio experience.’
The Blackwire family of products are designed for people whose work demands that they are connected to their computer or smartphone with the flexibility to switch between devices without missing a beat. Research shows office-based workers are often distracted by ambient noise and interruptions, and they need communications solutions to help them focus.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $47.99Was: $49.95
- Price: $50.35
- Price: $81.21
- Price: $70.21Was: $73.55
- Price: $100.51
Additional features and benefits of the next-generation Blackwire family include:
- Folding ear cushions and included carrying case for easy on-the-go storage
- Intuitive one-touch call answer/end, volume increase/decrease and mute controls
- Works across a range of devices supporting USB-A or USB-C and 3.5mm connections
- Inline indicator lights alert the user to incoming calls, mute and volume status
- Wideband audio with noise-canceling microphones for high-quality telephony audio
- Compatibility with Plantronics Manager Pro, an additional purchase, that enables IT teams to gain insight into every compatible Plantronics headset being used company-wide
- Dynamic EQ automatically adjusts audio settings between voice calls and music
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $89.95Was: $129.99
- Price: $99.99
- Price: $170.50
Features exclusive to Blackwire 5200 Series include:
- Passive noise cancelling to mitigate nearby talking and other distracting noises for greater focus
- Dynamic mute alert, ensuring optimal productivity by sensing and alerting users via an in-ear whisper when they are trying to talk while muted
- User-friendly audio prompts with language customization
- SoundGuard Digital enabled by Plantronics Hub software provides additional advanced acoustic limiting protection, measures and controls sound to prevent the average daily noise exposure from exceeding 80dBA or 85dBA (per user choice) and anti-startle protection which detects and eliminates sudden increases in sound
- A redesigned headband influenced by the Plantronics Voyager Focus UCdesign
More information about features offered within Blackwire 5200 Series and Blackwire 3200 Series are available at www.plantronics.com.
Plantronics Manager ProWith the Plantronics Manager Pro optional Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), IT managers can remotely monitor, manage and maintain the Blackwire family and other compatible Plantronics headsets throughout their organization, to help ensure users are receiving the best possible voice experience. With Plantronics Manager Pro, IT managers can make sure employees are ready to take every call by configuring the user experience, managing firmware deployments, and using predictive analytics to potently detect compatibility issues before they become critical. Plantronics Manager Pro is available as a subscription service, sold separately from the Blackwire family.
Pricing and Availability
Blackwire 5200 Series will be available this month through Plantronics authorized partners. The single-ear Mono design and dual-ear Stereo design will have an MSRP of $99.95 or $109.95, respectively.
Blackwire 3200 Series will be available by January 2018 through Plantronics authorized partners. Entry models featuring foam ear cushions with fixed speakers and adjustable headband in the single-ear Mono design and dual-ear Stereo design will have an MSRP of $44.95 or $49.95, respectively. Upgraded variants featuring the ultra-soft leatherette ear cushions that fold flat for easy storage and include a carrying case in the single-ear Mono Design and dual-ear Stereo design will have an MSRP of $74.95 or $79.95, respectively.