Living in the EEA and need an account that can handle both GBP and EUR? Need Credit or Debit MasterCard?
Meet the Monese, the London-based fintech startup that offers a mobile banking app and current account:
Sign up only takes a few seconds: If you’re at least 18 years old, have an EEA address, and a passport/national ID, you can open a UK banking account with Monese, regardless of your financial history:
- no more hard copy documents
- no more outdated technology
- no more credit reference agency checks
- no more red tape bureaucracy
- no transaction caps (once ID verified)
- no minimum balance
Monese is fully authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an “Electronic Money Institution” … but it’s not a bank.
This means that, unlike banks, Monese:
- isn’t allowed to reinvest your money
- isn’t allowed to provide overdrafts or loan facilities
- doesn’t pay interest on your balance
Monese places your money in:
- safe-guarded, ring-fenced, stable European bank accounts – you’ll always get 100% of your money back in the unlikely event that Monese collapsed
- covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) – as eligible via Monese’ UK banking partners, up to the compensation limit
Monese monthly fee £4.95 includes:
- Monese UK current account, account number and sort code (for now just private)
- contactless Visa debit card
- receiving salary or other payments into your Monese account
- topping up with cash
- UK bank transfers
- global ATM withdrawals and global card payments online and instore
- real-time notifications of spending and money paid in
- real-time payments to other Monese accounts
Unlike most traditional banks, there are no hidden fees — which is typically the basis for being able to offer “free” banking — for things like going overdrawn, having a payment bounce, or even overdraft control fees that see you pay for not being able to spend money that you don’t actually have. You may enjoy in free trial.
Customer service is fast and professional, app is very efficient and easy to use.
It’s fully-featured banking account comes with cheap global payments and a contactless debit card. Monese has a real chance to make a difference to many lives by democratising the access to modern banking services.
Use code CKJETEDP to get free £5 reward when opening Monese account.